Wednesday 24 April 2013

EXTRAORDINARY KIDS - 16 04 13

My daughter, Anusha said, 'You're very quiet these days Mum. You've stopped talking'. I explained that I'm taking Axel for his formal assessment at Priors Court Residential School tomorrow and the date for the tribunal has come through for October. Words do not describe the pain. 

She returned some time later with a picture for me and a poem. The picture was of a big bird on a thin branch with a tiny little bird nestling into her tummy and a beautiful young bird facing her. At the end of the thin branch it divided into two twigs. One was dead, the other bore three beautiful blossoms. 

The poem reads...

I'm happier with you than if I had the World,
We've shared amazing experiences as the story unfurls,
We've been through tough times and they're getting tougher,
But through darkness, light will always splutter.
It's been a long journey but we'll get to the end,
Because I love you Mummy and my love will never end.

I am so lucky to have two such extraordinary kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment