Tuesday 23 April 2013

IF YOU'VE AN AUTIST AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS.... - 06 11 12

There seems to be many pages that advocate that Autistic children are delightfully different... wouldn't have them any other way. Keep it positive. I hoped for that. 

My reality is that two women friends of mine have been reduced to tears just enduring Axel's different noises and antics whilst in my house for a cup of tea. People have needed to get off the phone from overwhelm of the noise. Male friends have wanted to leave the house rather than endure watching me be savaged by Axel's nails and teeth. Autism is a huge spectrum. I am writing from this part of it. 

Axel is a wonderful, mischievous, bright little boy whom I adore and many of the things that make him different are seriously and dangerously not delightful.

It is vital to me that there is a place where all our feelings can be acknowledged and wisely supported.... so if you know of anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment