Tuesday 23 April 2013

JUST GOES TO SHOW IT'S WORTH ASKING... - 14 03 13

The last visit to the doctors involved a 40 minute wait. I was wrestling with Axel on the floor trying to amuse him to stay inside. A fellow patient, who'd been seen, came out and saw us still there and offered to stay and call us in when his name was called. We stood outside in the pouring rain, Axel calmly standing in a drain, his feet getting drenched. A sick child in a drain. 

The doctor wanted to take a blood sample but was clearly very anxious of a boy careering round his room. I reassured him Axel would be fine and true to form Axel sat calmly watching the syringe fill. Afterwards I commented that Axel was shaking. The doctor said, 'He's not the only one'.

I rang the doctors to offer giving a talk to the practice about Axel and Autism, our needs and asked that children like Axel be flagged so that when they arrive they are the next one in... like at Disney World, Lego Land etc. He can not wait. 

She welcomed my talk and will book me in for the next month's meeting session at the practice and said she would action my request so that Axel will not wait again... and children like him.

Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment