Tuesday 23 April 2013

JUST CALL ME ATLAS - 03 04 13

So I let Axel sleep in the lounge and yet 2.30 am again, here we go. 

In between trips to check his temperature, soothe him, offer him water, drugs etc he kept shouting incase I should accidentally fall asleep. After the first round of disturbance Anusha helped by decamping to my bed, hogged the duvet, pinning me to a small strip on the edge and took up breathing heavily in my face.

I offered Axel Calpol but he was laughing too hard and pushed it away all over me. What is that stuff made of? You could assemble space rockets with it.

WHO SAID AUTISM ISN'T A GIFT? Wash your mouth out. You're being negative, need to re-frame. How would I get frown marks like these as deep as the Grand Canyon if it weren't for my beautiful boy. I wouldn't have written this on Facebook if I was wasting my time sleeping.

I think I'm delirious.

I shouldn't drive heavy machinery today... like my body.

After only two days of Axel's Action Man boot-camp I am sad to say I'm grateful he's going into the care home today. I have a sprained ankle and a plaster for a sense of humour with no sleep. Even this, the 12 millionth viewing of Jungle Book isn't lifting my mood. But Axel's jumping up and down with joy. At least one of us...

The care home taunts me, telling me that he sleeps til 7 and then potters in his room til about 8.30!!!!

But then I try to see things through his eyes... who wouldn't want to get up super early to see this vision of beauty with it's increasingly interesting map of wrinkles? Eh? Just call me Atlas, holding up the World. No sweat.

Z zzzZ zzzzzZzz ZZzzzzzzz zzzz z




No comments:

Post a Comment