Monday 22 April 2013

'YOU CAN TALK' - A talk about Autism, April 2012

A talk I gave at the Catalyst Club, Brighton in April 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsegsyzK1yc

I think this started with the desire for my non-verbal son to be known. To do something to contribute to his future safety. My desire then spread to his peers and mine then all community. I found it hard to do, to keep it informative, real, inspiring AND fun. That the talk went well was a huge relief. The National Autistic Society posted it on their facebook page which is very rewarding and reassuring. That the public, fellow parents and teachers are finding it helpful... my heart sings.

Catherine Newell talking about Autism @ Catalyst Club, Brighton, April 2012
'You Can Talk' ... PLEASE SHARE if you know someone it may help. Please join www.facebook.com/CatherineNewellAndAutis­m
"Catherine Newell your talk made my day. My son is at the higher end of the spectrum but its so hard to explain autism to people. You did it so well. Funny, informative, moving, inspiring. I shared your video hoping my friends will understand autism a little better. Thank you : D xx" S.R.
"With tears in my eyes, I am inspired and humbled by Cath's warmth, sincerity and confidence in talking about something so precious to her - it is a talk not to be missed - even if you have no interest in autism - it is a talk for all. A message for everyone, where ever we go - what a beautiful woman." M.O.
"An amazing speech by an incredible woman, Catherine your vision, perception and understanding is such an example!" P.M.
"If you have 20 minutes at some point today (and you won't regret making time if you don't think you do) this is my wonderful friend Cath talking about her son Axel, and autism. It's very moving and informative." S.R.
"Absolutely wonderful. I can't thank you enough for sharing this. It's so important!" J.N.
"Catherine- Wonderful presentation and speech, it really moved me and I will share this on my fb page. You describe the problems that an asd child has so clearly and with such sensitivity, but also humour, in a so much better way than I have ever managed to do about my own gorgeous 6 year old son. Thankyou so much.x" J.D.



Catherine - Stephen Unwin suggested I watched this: I'm so glad I did. You speak wonderfully and explain so clearly and cleverly the very complex world of autism. Many, many congratulations. Love Jane Asher


No comments:

Post a Comment