Monday 22 April 2013

WHEN ATTENDING MEETINGS... - 16 10 12

When attending meetings I find it useful to listen to the different voices in me. To take care of the ones that are not useful to the meeting and take the ones that will be. Behind I left the howling mother, the overwhelmed, the snivelling one that wants someone else to do it, the one who tells me I haven't done enough. With me I took the determined, clear-visioned, charming mediator. After pushy discussion lasting an hour and a half, the heads of services unanimously voted that Axel needs to be in a full-time residential school. His severity is such that I can no longer keep him safe. I thanked them for their support. The nearest for him is 2-3 hours drive away. He does not talk. I went home to take care of howling mother sat next to bewildered. This is not a path I dreamt to take. As a wise woman once said to me, dream again. This hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment