Tuesday 23 April 2013

Look away if you don't like strong language... - 02 02 13

I need to speak...

I could howl, growl, sob.

Letter today from Brighton and Hove Council confirming shit. Offer of business as usual for Axel with his ASC, ADHD, SLD, Eczema and Asthma. As if this scenario hasn't failed him enough... ooooh let's keep him there. I am furious. Furious with his school for saying they can meet his needs. Are they so ignorant they don't know they aren't, can't. Not because they don't wish to but because he is so severe. I have met severe ASC professionals but not in this county. They are not enabled, set up to meet his needs. This is all about money not the child. He needs to go away. Do you know how painful that is?

It's one thing to cope with the branding pain of him needing to leave my home at 10 years of age without being dragged over the hot coals of his severity. To argue over months and tens of thousands of pounds to get him to a place that can actually meet his needs. What a criminal system. 

The poor are fucked. Thankfully I am wealthy enough to attempt to be fucked through the eye of their needle and get him where he needs to be. We should be helped not crushed. 

I am angry. I want better for these kids and their families. 

I get the money thing.... what's it worth... our kids futures???? And we all know that early intervention equals cheaper outcome. Please.

I know a number of mothers going through this. Please. 

Please like, comment share this... I want people to know. I hope it makes enough sense. I am beside myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment