Tuesday 23 April 2013

ONE MORE WAFER THIN RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL? - 07 11 12

One more residential school visit and I'll write my recommendation to the council. Beautiful day, good company. Thinking hat on. Part of me still can't believe I'm doing this. La la la.

I'm aware I've started this page at an odd time. Could've started years ago and chartered our journey through diagnosis, the copious amount of therapies, the highs and the lows and I didn't. I've started at a time when I'm making what I hope will be the hardest decision: to move Axel from the family home to what I hope will be a brilliant, loving, Autism boot-camp in the hope of securing a safer, happier, more inclusive future... there's a lot of 'hopes' in that sentence!

I find it challenging, staying in relationship with one I love so much knowing they are leaving. Of course I'll still see him. Of course kids leave home.

No comments:

Post a Comment