Tuesday 23 April 2013

THERE'LL BE NO MISCHIEF! - 15 11 12


Being with my children and an Axel to boot swallowed my last career. Before children, I taught design in London and had a studio where I designed and manufactured an extraordinary range of things: clever courier bags, designer hats, props for BBC drama, furniture for restaurants (BELGO), shops and fun playgrounds, cassocks, crazy fish, lavish props for celebrity parties... to name some. I used to model and act for UGLY model agency.

11 years in this career, I have mastered many talents. I am a very gifted laundry master and folder, deft surface cleaner, I am ace with super glue, barely see the join. I can replace dimmer switches and shelves and there's no remote control I cannot reassemble in the time it takes to change the channel. I can source video players and bulk buy ear-defenders. I can sew up a trouser-bum seam in a stitch. I can sprint now and can arm-wrestle with my left arm too. I can climb 50 foot trees. I can keep a team of carers committed. I can give a haircut in three minutes. I manage and don't cry anymore, nearly, in the numerous meetings. I can sing loudly in the supermarket. I can stay peaceful with tiny sleep in the face of melt downs and biting. I find enormous joy in the smallest kindness... to name some.

I am distinctly aware that after 11 years of loving my children and not doing my old job at all, when Axel leaves, my main job and financial support leave with him. Who would need me to do what I've been doing!! I need to be savvy and birth a new career.

Mission statement? In my new career I will coach individuals, run workshops and give talks in and around disability. I will also be designing and making and running workshops in nothing to do with it what-so-ever!! What do you think?

I am going away tomorrow for 9 days. I am doing an Advanced Facilitator Training in Shadow Work. That's an AFT in SW to be clear. I am going to be a coach helping people dig out those pesky things that go on in the dark places that really aren't helping... I think that's what the brochure said. My Top Carer will be playing the role of Mummy with the usual brilliant suspects in the supporting roles. (I can't really believe I'm pulling this off). Axel will also spend some time in the respite home. Friends and family are on board. Love them.

SO, THERE"LL BE NO MISCHIEF!!
Please send good vibes that this house will still be standing and everyone will have had a good time. Any misbehaving and I'll send my Old Self back... she's in my shadows somewhere... I hope.

See you on the other side....

No comments:

Post a Comment