Tuesday 23 April 2013

FEELING TROUBLED - 19 12 12

Home from another training feeling tender to encounter the disturbing news from America of the deaths of children, teachers, a mother and a young man.

For years now, when Axel bites me to the point of bruising and blood I repeat Marshall Rosenburg's words along the lines of... all acts of violence are the tragic expression of an unmet need... I do not see the behaviour as about me but an expression of the deep pain and frustration Axel is in... and I try to meet his need. It troubles me to try and imagine what kind of hell that young man must have been in that his behaviour was his best idea. Consumed by the agony of years?... thankfully I can not imagine. The results, appalling. 

I have been sent a number of articles in the wake of this. Of parents living with and loving children who live with fears, pain and violence unimaginable to me. My heart aches for them at a time when I accept that I will not keep Axel safe myself for much longer despite my efforts and my desires.

My thoughts are with children and people who live with gross pain, violence and fear, the parents and carers who stand by them. I wish for a much better care system to provide appropriate support for all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment