Tuesday 23 April 2013

FINDING OUR WAY IN THE DARK - 12 11 12

Yesterday Anusha, a carer and I took Axel to a Residential School to see what it looked like on him. He was scared to go in. I carried him on my back. Anusha enthusiastically and lovingly played with him for the next two hours. The trip was inconclusive.

We went to my parent's house. I felt like I was going at half speed. We enjoyed a roast and a trip to Richmond Park for a walk and a carry. I love the Isabella Plantation. I've been visiting it all my life.

Driving home next to Anusha, she seemed to be verbally punching. I asked was something troubling her. She blurted that no one asked her how she felt about Axel going away. Anusha's offerings were always that she couldn't wait for him to leave with absolutely no deviation. I found her attitude tough to keep hearing. I carefully queried was it that she was feeling different today. She clearly explained that she was feeling irritable and confused. That she wants him to go and that today she felt sorry for him. She explained that she understood that his Autism means he does not cope well with changes so how was this going to be for him. I love her extraordinary clarity. I offered that he may indeed find it difficult for a while.

We drove on, her quiet tears, holding hands.

Driving home in the dark.

Axel carried on making a world of noise in the back.
What does he make of it all?



No comments:

Post a Comment